What is the need for a console in gaming?
Console in cs go is an essential tool for game management. In the console you write the necessary commands to customize the mouse, sound, HUD, FPS, server, bots and other various functions.
No good CS:GO player can imagine his game without opening his configs or changing his settings.
If you suddenly do not know how to turn it on, then we advise you to read our article and it will definitely at least simplify your game.
How to enable console in CS:GO?
If you are asking the question "How to enable and customize the console in CS GO" - then believe us, it is very easy to do it.
The console can be turned on while in the game itself.
Your actions are as follows:
Click on the gear (game settings), then open the "Game" section and in the line "Enable Developer Console" click YES.
Then if you don't know which button includes a consolethen you do the following:
Click again on the gear and go to the "Keyboard and Mouse" section, scroll to the bottom and in the "Open/Close Console" field put the button you want or do not change it. By standard it is "`".
At any time you can change the button to any you like, both through config customization and through the method described above.
Enabling via game properties
To enable the console through "Properties."You will need to go to the library in Steam, right-click on CS:GO and select the section "Properties."
Next, we see a section "Launch Options." and put the command in there:
Done! Now when you log in to the game you can console through the bind key, which is the standard "`" key.
Enable in game settings
Go to settings (gear icon), then select the "game" section and click on "Enable Developer Console".
The most popular commands for CS:GO
Mouse settings in CS GO
Teams of mouse setup in the game will help you to better shoot and "feel" the mouse. Many players have problems in adjusting the aim to the enemy and in point shooting. Correct mouse settings - This is probably one of the most important parameters for a good and enjoyable game in CS:GO.
- m_rawinput (0.1) - this command allows you to disable/enable mouse settings from Windows settings. With value 1(default) mouse settings are not taken from Windows settings. The values are taken directly from the mouse driver settings and from the game. This option is set for all good and professional players, as it gives you the flexibility to customize your mouse settings as you wish;
- sensitivity (0.0001 - 10000000) - with this command you can change the mouse sensitivity. The most common sensitivity among pro-gamers is 1-3 (at 400 DPI);
- m_yaw - command allows you to adjust the mouse sensitivity along the X axis (movement from left to right). 0.022 - default value. 1 - very high sensitivity. 0.001 - very low sensitivity;
- m_pitch - change of sensitivity on Y axis (up-down movement). 0.022 - default value. 1 - very high sensitivity. 0.001 - very low. sensitivity;
Adjusting the sound in CS
These settings help enhance the sound in the game and help make it easier to navigate the map and easier to hear the players.
- snd_mixahead 0.05 (0.10 is the default) - Makes all sounds close to real time;
- snd_headphone_pan_exponent 1.9 (1 - default) - Improves sound volume with increasing distance;
- snd_front_headphone_position 45.0 (90 is the default) - Helps in creating surround sound for frontal sounds in a game;
- snd_rear_headphone_position 135.0 (90 is the default) - Assists in creating accurate sounds behind you;
- dsp_enhance_stereo "1" (0 - default) - stereo widening effect. Helps you understand footsteps behind walls;
- dsp_slow_cpu "0" (0 is the default) - sound quality (high "0" or low "1");
Setting up a server CS GO
- mp_restartgame 1 - server restart;
- bot_kick - kicks all the bots;
- bot_add - adding a bot;
- bot_add_t - adding a bot for the Terrorists;
- bot_add_ct - adding a bot for Counter-Terrorists;
- mp_maxmoney 16000 - the maximum amount of money;
- mp_startmoney 6000 - the initial amount of money;
- mp_roundtime 2 - time of round length in minutes;
- mp_limitteams 0 - remove the limit on the number of players per team;
- mp_c4timer 30 - bomb timer selection;
- mp_freeztime 0 - remove the freeze time at the beginning of the round;
- mp_buy_anywhere 1 - enable the ability to buy anywhere on the map;
- mp_warmuptime 99999999 - change the warm-up time;
- mp_warmup_end - ends warm-up time;
Also in the console you can write various bindings, but this is a topic for another article. We recommend you to read our blog about how to make a Bind to change hands in CS:GO